Monday, November 5, 2007

Multi-Genre

I was sixteen when I first discovered what could get me really mad. My whole life prior everyone always said "Nothing could ever get Ryan pissed off." And for the most part, that is correct. I hate confrontation and am really laid back. I just like to have fun and will do anything so the people around have fun as well. But here I was, living on my own for the first time and at a bar enjoying some dinner with my roommate when I finally realized there was something that could make me so mad that even I, a 5'4" kid at the time, would start fighting a perfect stranger. Like I said, I was sitting at bar enjoying a hamburger with my roommate when I glanced over at the other side of the bar when a man and woman were arguing. I know you shouldn't stare at people, but I couldn't help it. It's like when there's a car accident that you can see happening right before it actually does, you just can't take your eyes off it, and this was me in the bar. Before I knew it, I saw the rather large man slap the woman he was arguing with and this anger just raged over me. I quickly jumped out of my chair, ran and tackled the man starting what I soon would realize my first fight. Although the man was twice my size that didn't matter to me. He hit that girl and that's all I could take in. My roommate joined in the fight to help fend off the asshole's friends and soon we had more guys join in on my behalf and the matter quickly resolved itself when the bartender asked me to leave along with everyone else. I was sixteen and that was a day of many first...it was my first fight, my first time going to a bar without a parent, it was the first time I ever got really mad, and it was my first time ever getting kicked out of a bar. It was a day of discovery to say the least.

No comments: